- Baekelandmandaten are PhD positions in cooperation with industry
- Deadline for application file is 9 September 2013
- Call IWT Baekeland
Call and information from the Research Co-ordination Office (DOC)
- Infosession 26 June 2013 10AM College van Premonstreit room 02.42, Naamsestraat 61, Leuven
- DOC (research coordination office) and LRD (Tech transfer office) will advise you on how to write your application file: Sven Van Lommel or webform (http://forms.kuleuven.be/b0022/RegistrationFeedbackSessionsIWT)
- LRD helps with the 'intentieverklaring (declaration of intention) and the agreement of cooperation (samenwerkingsovereenkomst): contact Sabien Vanangendonck.
Universitaire Doctoraatstoelating (permission to start a PhD)
Inorder to receive Admission to Arenberg Doctoral School: take these steps as soon as possible:
- send an email with subject 'Baekeland application + (your name)'
- attach your CV, a short description of your PhD topic and transcripts of your Master degree
- mention clearly that this is a request in the framework of a Baekeland application
- send the mail - in copy to your KU Leuven supervisor - to:
- The Faculty Doctoral Committee will look at your file and discuss if you will be admitted to the doctoral programme. The Faculty Administration Office will return the Baekelandtoelating to you with the required signatures, so you can submit it to IWT.
- If you have started the procedure, but you did not hand in the documents in time to get the official admission document on time, you can have this conditional permission signed by your supervisor and hand it in at IWT. Be aware that you will still need to hand it the official admission document to IWT.
It is recommended that applicants with a master degree from outside Flanders also already start the official procedure to start a PhD, by filling in the Application Form (this will save you time later on if you have received the IWT scholarship and will actually start your PhD).