International Year of Sustainable Energy for All
Degree Programmes in EnergyEnergy drives you. Light bulbs, iPads, vacuum cleaners, cars, airplanes, and industrial machines: nearly everything you do and use in your daily life requires energy in one form or another. From the Industrial Revolution onwards, energy has been society’s engine of progress and prosperity. Today, energy faces economic, political and environmental challenges: society needs affordable energy from reliable energy sources that are managed in a sustainable way. Hydropower, biomass, renewable energy sources and smart energy networks allow cleaner energy technologies to complement or replace scarce fossil fuels and nuclear power. As an energy engineer, you approach energy from multiple perspectives and combine knowledge from different disciplines (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, economics, regulatory aspects and others) to find solutions that ensure that energy remains a driving force in your and millions of others’ lives.
Sustainable Energy for All
Degree programmes at KU Leuven provide in-depth knowledge into how different energy systems work and enable you to identify and respond to energy challenges in all parts of the world. With your acquired skills you will be able to provide creative and sustainable solutions to these challenges and play a key role in advancing societal prosperity.
Take a look at the various programmes below:
- EIT-KIC Master in Energy
- Master of Science in Engineering: Energy
- Master of Science in Geology
- Master of Science in Nuclear Engineering
Furthermore we offer energy related programmes taught in Dutch:
- Master of Science in de bio-ingenieurswetenschappen: katalytische technologie
- Master of Science in de geologie
- Master of Science in de Industriële wetenschappen: Energie
- Master of Science in de ingenieurswetenschappen: werktuigkunde (optie thermotechnische wetenschappen)