The Leuven Mathematical Modelling & Computational Science Centre (LCMC)
The Leuven Computational Modelling Centre (LCMC) is a cross-departmental, multidisciplinary centre within KU Leuven that brings together the complimentary expertise of several research groups in science and engineering with shared interests and expertise in advanced modelling and computer simulation methods.
The participating research groups have expertise in various aspects of numerical modeling and computational science and engineering. The current focus of the LMCC is reflected in the three
- Working Group High Performance Computing (numerical methods for large scale problems,parallel programming, CFD, MHD, …)
- Working Group Multi-scale and Multi-physics simulation (coupling models at different time and space scales, hybrid models, …)
- Working Group Particle-based simulation methods (smoothed particle hydrodynamics(SPH), dissipative particle dynamics (DPD), …)
For future scholars
The multi-disciplinary nature of the LCMC offers a challenging environment to young researchers with ample opportunity to broaden and deepen their knowledge. The KU Leuven also participates in the Flemish Supercomputer Centre, which guarantees access to a world-class computing infrastructure.
Scholars wishing to make a Ph.D. in one of the participating research groups of the LCMC study in the Leuven Arenberg Doctoral School. The school also maintains a list of other opportunities.
The LCMC organizes various activities aimed at researchers (internal and external) in modeling and simulation.
- Annual workshop
- Distinguished lecture series
- Thematic training program
Participating research groups sometimes also organise seminars for a broader audience interested in modeling and simulation.
The centre provides a single point-of-contact to companies in search of expertise or collaboration in the areas of modeling and simulation.